HCHS Student Commitment
I commit to always work relentlessly, act maturely, and think critically as a student at Henderson Collegiate High School. This means:
- I will arrive at HCHS every day by 7:40 a.m. or board the bus at the correct time.
- I will remain at HCHS until 4:05 p.m. (Monday-Thursday) and 1:25 p.m. on Fridays.
- I will attend all mandatory tutoring and detention sessions.
- If I am ever absent, I will be proactive in reaching out to my teachers to ensure that I don’t fall behind academically and will hold myself accountable to turn in all missing work.
- I understand that 10 or more absences in a class will result in me failing the course.
Uniform & Dress Code
- I will uphold the Henderson Collegiate High School Uniform & Dress Code.
- I recognize that if I violate the Uniform & Dress Code I will be removed from my classes and couldreceive additional consequences.
Electronic Device Policy
- I will follow the school’s technology policies as outlined in the handbook.
- I will complete, to the best of my ability, all homework assignments – both long- and short-term.
- I understand that my homework in high school will directly impact my ability to be successful in class from day to day. My high school homework assignments will directly mirror the types of assignments I am most likely to see in college.
- I understand that if I fail to turn in homework or submit incomplete homework, I will have detention after school that same day. If I fail to turn in homework for 3 or more of my classes, I will have after school detention that day and in-school suspension the following day.
- I will demonstrate a level of maturity befitting the young adult that I am. This means I will exemplify social intelligence, exude positivity, show gratitude, and support my teachers, parents, and teammates.
- I will respect others.
- I will demonstrate a new level of personal responsibility, independence, and organization. I willadvocate for myself if I’m struggling with content. I will consistently meet deadlines and maintain a system for doing so.
- I will be honest in all my dealings with my teachers, parents, and teammates. I know that to be trusted, I must uphold my integrity, even in the face of peer pressure or other challenging situations.
- I understand that when I behave maturely as a young adult, I earn or retain the privileges of a young adult. I understand that all rewards (college trips, field trips, school-wide activities) are earned.
- I understand that when I behave immaturely or irrationally, I will lose the privileges of a young adult and earn consequences to redirect those behaviors. When I make a poor choice, I will accept the consequences.
I know that by attending HCHS I am choosing the road less traveled. My journey will be difficult but will pay off with huge rewards. If I keep my commitment, I know I will earn a high school diploma, attend and graduate from the college of my choice, and have a happy, successful life with the power to make the world a better place.
Student Signature: _______________________________________________
HCHS Teacher Commitment
We promise to prepare all of our students with the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in high school, college, and life. This means:
- We will arrive at Henderson Collegiate High School every day by 7:15 a.m.
- We will remain at Henderson Collegiate High School every day until at least 5:00 p.m.
- We will put the safety of our students first at all times and in all situations.
- We will protect the rights of our students and always treat them with respect.
- We will consistently push students to be at their best academically and behaviorally.
- We will thoroughly plan each day’s lesson to the best of our ability to maximize time and push students to academic excellence.
- We will use the best pedagogical practices as established and supported by the principal and dean of curriculum & instruction. We will push students to meet and exceed state expectations for student performance.
- We will never be satisfied with mediocrity. We will constantly seek out ways to improve our practice and our students’ knowledge and skills.
- We will receive feedback without resentment. We will implement feedback without delay.
If we keep this commitment, we know our students will be prepared for college, the world, and extraordinary lives. If we do not keep this commitment, we know that we are not serving students to the best of our ability and can be removed from Henderson Collegiate High School.
Principal/ Dean/ Teacher Signature: ______________________________________
HCHS Parent Commitment
We commit to support our child’s education at Henderson Collegiate High School. This means:
- We will make sure our child arrives at HCHS every day by 7:40 a.m.
- We will make sure our child remains at school for the entire academic day, knowing that excessiveabsences or early pick-ups will negatively affect our child’s ability to earn the academic credit for a high school course.
- We will ensure our student has transportation home if they stay late for tutoring, detention, clubs, orathletics.
- We will support our child academically. This means:
- Holding them accountable for completing all projects, assignments, and homework
- Signing our student’s planner each night and PRIDE Record every week
- Allowing our student to call their teacher if they have questions on homework
- Providing a home learning environment that is conducive to the heavy reading and studying that is required for high school students
- Ensuring my student is reading at least 30 minutes nightly
- Making sure that our student wears the professional HCHS dress code every day.
- Notifying the school in advance if our student will be absent or leave early.
- Reading all letters/fliers that come home and internalize the information.
- Attending all mandatory parent events, meetings, and conferences.
- We understand that all rewards at Henderson Collegiate High School are earned.
- We will support the HCHS team when our child earns consequences for making poor choices.
- We will allow our child to participate in all field trips and activities that he or she earns, including field trips, college visits, school-wide activities, etc.
- We understand that our child must follow the Henderson Collegiate High School rules so as to protect the safety, interests, and rights of all individuals in the school.
If we keep this commitment, we know we will see our child earn a high school diploma, be on track to earn a college degree and lead a successful life. If we do not keep this commitment, we know our child will lose privileges, receive consequences, suffer academically, and in extreme cases, could be removed from Henderson Collegiate High School.