The Apprentice Teacher Program is a full-time, entry-level teaching opportunity that allows you to develop into an excellent Lead Teacher on an accelerated timeline. Launch your career in a joyful environment, while setting a high bar for academic rigor and educating the whole child. As an Apprentice Teacher, you receive extensive professional development throughout the year from experienced teachers and talented school leaders. Topics include curriculum, building school culture, developing parent and scholar relationships, and the education reform movement.
- Teach small groups and lead whole-class instruction using an inquiry-based, rigorous curriculum that inspires intellectual curiosity, reinforces the joy of learning, and enables all students to thrive
- Work collaboratively with Lead Teachers, assuming increased teaching responsibilities while progressing towards the Lead Teacher role
- Engage in training with school leaders and benefit from targeted, in-the-moment feedback on instruction, accelerating learning and growth with unparalleled support
- Develop meaningful relationships with scholars and parents that drive scholars to love learning and make exceptional academic gains
- Join a highly motivated team committed to education reform, parent choice, and building of exemplary schools
Education and Qualifications
- Required: A Bachelor’s degree, with an outstanding record of academic achievement and extracurricular leadership
- Required: A passion for working with children, transforming public education, and continuously pushing yourself to learn and grow
- Preferred: Experience in serving economically disadvantaged populations
Compensation and Benefits
Salary for this position is very competitive and commensurate with experience. Additionally, Henderson Collegiate offers a full benefits package. Teachers receive a laptop computer and are provided with classroom technology and software.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter, describing how their experiences have made them a great fit for this position, to our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Henderson Collegiate | High Performing Charter Middle Schools Henderson NC 252-598-1038