Who We’re Looking For:
The work that Henderson Collegiate does each day is challenging, but critically important. Our mission is to empower at-risk students in Vance County, NC, to become better people, attend and graduate from their college of choice, and change the world.
In order to do that, we need a staff who will work tirelessly, do whatever it takes for children, and who are:
Through Henderson Collegiate’s instructional coaching model, teachers…
- Are observed 2 or more times per week;
- Engage in debriefing sessions with their instructional coach at least once per week, in which they discuss, with their coach, their key levers for improving their craft;
- Receive lesson plan feedback on all lesson plans, typically one week in advance of teaching those lessons;
- Attend “Rookie Meetings” during their first year of working at the school, during which they complete a book study of Doug Lemov’s Teach Like a Champion 3.0;
- Participate in 2-3 weeks of summer training and professional development from July to August;
- Engage in regular observations of fellow teachers individually, with peers, with their instructional coach, and via video.
“Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, and others make it happen.”
~ Michael Jordan
At Henderson Collegiate, we know that a teacher will only grow and improve as much as he or she wants to. Being hungry for growth means seeking out feedback, actively looking for 1% solutions that will add up to the full 100% for kids, and putting in the extra time and effort to make their growth, and their students’ results, keep improving.
Especially in teaching students who are already considered at-risk, being from low-income households in a rural community with few resources, teachers must be ready to face challenges head-on everyday as we analyze and discover what it takes and means to empower children to succeed. The world is changing quickly, and only the teachers who are able to intelligently address new challenges as they arise and adapt accordingly will be able prepare our students to successfully navigate the future.
Henderson Collegiate | Charter School Education Henderson NC 252-598-1038