These promises are the promises we must keep if we want to be extraordinary now, in high school, in college, and in life. Please read the promises below carefully and ask questions about what they mean.
Henderson Collegiate Teachers’ Promises
We promise to prepare all of our students with the skills they need to succeed now, in high school, in college, and in life. Therefore…
- We will arrive at Henderson Collegiate everyday by 7:30 a.m.
- We will remain at Henderson Collegiate until 5:00 p.m. (Monday – Friday).
- We will teach the Pride during the Summer Session for two weeks in August.
- We will always teach the Pride in the best way we know how and we will do whatever it takes for our students to learn.
- We will constantly work to become better teachers.
- We will always protect the safety, interests, and rights of all the students in the school.If we keep these promises, we know our students will be prepared for extraordinary lives. If we do not keep these promises, we know we can be removed from Henderson Collegiate.
Principal’s Signature: __________________________________________
Teachers’ Signatures: __________________________________________
Henderson Collegiate Parent/Guardians’ Promises
We promise to support our child’s education at Henderson Collegiate. Therefore…
We will make sure our child arrives at Henderson Collegiate everyday by 7:50 a.m.
- We will make sure our child learns at Henderson Collegiate for the entire academic school day.
- We will make sure our child attends Henderson Collegiate Summer Session.
- We will do whatever it takes for our child to learn. We will check our child’s homework and planner, let him/her call the teacher ifhe/she has trouble with completing his/her homework, and create time for him/her to read for thirty minutes every night.
- We will always make ourselves available to provide support for our children. This means that we will notify the office if our child isgoing to miss school, read all the papers that the school sends home to us, and attend school events and parent meetings.
- We understand all prizes at Henderson Collegiate are earned by working hard and being excellent teammates.
- We understand all consequences at Henderson Collegiate are earned. When our child makes a poor choice, we will support theschool’s consequences.
- We will allow our child to earn and participate in all field trips and activities that he or she earns.
- We will make sure our child follows the Henderson Collegiate dress code and wears a tucked-in Henderson Collegiate uniformshirt, a belt, and completely black sneakers every day.
- We understand that our child must follow the Henderson Collegiate rules so as to protect the safety, interests, and rights of allindividuals in the school.
If we keep these promises, we know we will see our child earn a college degree and a successful life. If we do not keep these promises, we know our child will lose prizes, receive punishments and can be removed from Henderson Collegiate.
Parent/Guardians’ Signatures: _____________________________________
Henderson Collegiate Student’s Promises
I promise to always work relentlessly, behave well, and think at Henderson Collegiate. I promise to work towards college and a successful life in the following ways:
- I will arrive at Henderson Collegiate everyday by 7:50 a.m. or board the bus at the correct time.
- I will remain at Henderson Collegiate until 4:15 p.m. (Monday – Thursday) and 1:00 p.m. for grades 7-8 and 1:25 p.m. for grades 4-6 on Friday.
- I will attend Henderson Collegiate Summer Session.
- I will always work, think, and behave in the best way I know how and I will do whatever it takes for my fellow students and me tolearn. This means I will complete all my homework, class work, projects and tests neatly and carefully.
- I will find a smart solution or get help when I have a problem, and I will raise my hand and ask questions in class if I do notunderstand something.
- I will follow my teacher’s directions because I understand that my teachers and parents want me to do well.
- I will always tell the truth and own my words and actions. I want my parents, teachers, and Pride to trust me and I will choose tobehave in a trustworthy way.
- I will always be nice to my Pride and show everyone respect by listening to them.
- I understand all prizes at Henderson Collegiate are earned by working hard and being an excellent teammate.
- I understand all consequences at Henderson Collegiate are earned. When I make a poor choice I will accept the consequences.
- I will dress professionally by following the Henderson Collegiate dress code.If I keep my promises, I know I will earn a college degree, a successful life, and the power to make the world a better place. If I do not keep these promises, I know I will lose prizes, receive punishments and I can be removed from Henderson Collegiate.
Student’s Signature: ____________________________________________________
Henderson Collegiate | Charter Middle Schools Henderson NC