Henderson Collegiate is seeking Middle Grades English Language Arts and Reading Lead Teachers to lead 4th – 8th grade classrooms. The ideal candidates for this position should possess a vision for providing all students with a high quality, rigorous education.
- Create a positive, achievement-oriented, structured learning environment that invests students.
- Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues.
- Use assessment data to continuously adjust instruction and plan for targeted intervention.
- Design and implement rigorous unit and lesson plans and class materials.
- Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions.
- Exemplify Henderson Collegiate’s core values of pride, responsibility, integrity, determination, and enthusiasm in all interactions with students, families and colleagues.
- Maintain and improve professional competence:
- Demonstrate mastery of your specific content skills and knowledge through completion and passing of relevant content-based Praxis Assessment(s).
- Actively participate in all professional development opportunities.
- Actively participate in team and department meetings and serve on school committees.
- Cultivate and maintain a professional relationship with all colleagues.
Education, Qualifications and Work Experience
- Drive to improve the minds and lives of students in and out of the classroom
- Proven track record of high achievement in the classroom
- Eagerness for and openness to challenging, relevant feedback from instructional coaching and other administrative staff
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for academic subjects
- Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player
- Required: Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Preferred: Minimum of two years teaching experience in a classroom setting
- Preferred: Minimum of two years experience in serving economically disadvantaged populations
Valid State Certification is helpful but not required. Belief in and alignment with Henderson Collegiate’s core beliefs and educational philosophy is non-negotiable.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary for this position is very competitive and commensurate with experience. Additionally, Henderson Collegiate offers a full benefits package. Teachers receive a laptop computer and are provided with classroom technology and software.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter, describing how their experiences have made them a great fit for this position, to our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Henderson Collegiate | High Performing Charter Middle Schools Henderson NC 252-598-1038