Henderson Collegiate is seeking a Director of Recruitment to provide the necessary support and services to find and acquire high-quality, diverse talent for our school.
The Director of Recruitment will work to build relationships with teacher talent organizations, while interviewing and supporting candidates through the rigorous recruitment process. As a member of the regional team, you will partner with elementary, middle, and high school principals and teachers to lead the talent recruitment process. The Director of Recruitment reports to the Henderson Collegiate Executive Director.
The Director of Recruitment is the face of Henderson Collegiate to many outside groups. As the Director meets with potential candidates, builds relationships with partner organizations including the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Duke University, North Carolina State University, Teach for America, and others, he or she must be exceptionally skilled at clearly articulating the Henderson Collegiate mission, vision, and purpose.
- Coordinate with partner organizations to participate in recruitment fairs, networking events, coffee hours, and on-site interviews.
- Expand existing relationships to form new partnership.
- Network with similar “No Excuses” public schools to create coalitions focused on excellent teaching for all students.
- Establish strong bonds with the Henderson Collegiate team and family including principals, teachers, and staff members in order to continue to recruit top tier talent.
- Work with the recruitment team and adjust practices in response to feedback.
- Create a master schedule for the year including dates for major events, target recruitment numbers, and specific objectives for each month.
- Set and achieve benchmarks for high quality applications, interviews, and in-person visits.
- Share individual strategic plans and recruiting targets with each school (elementary, middle, and high).
- Execute a social media and print marketing plan to increase prospect awareness.
- Create detailed reports regarding data and metrics for internal benchmarks during the recruitment process.
Recruiting Skilled, Diverse Talent
- Conduct initial interviews with prospective applicants in-person and through Skype.
- Track candidates from application through the hiring processes.
Manage external website postings including university postings.
- Serve as a resource for new hires as they transition to the area.
- Create job postings for teaching, support, and administrative positions.
- Produce digital and print marketing materials including Facebook and Instagram posts, “One Day” ads (TFA magazine circular), flyers, and other promotion materials.
- Actively manage a database of candidates in the recruitment pipeline.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university
- Required: Has at least two years of experience in working with economically disadvantaged populations
- Highly Preferred: Served as a Teach for America corps member
- Preferred (not required): 1 or more years of prior experience in teacher recruitment
Compensation and Benefits
Salary for this position is very competitive and commensurate with experience. Henderson Collegiate offers a full benefits package. Additionally, a subsidized wireless plan through Verizon and a laptop are provided.
How to Apply
Henderson Collegiate | High Performing Charter Middle Schools Henderson NC 252-598-1038